Thursday, July 1, 2010

BP2_iGoogle Screen Shots


Personal Learning Environments (PLE) are key to effective learning. We all have them. Maybe it is that comfortable arm chair you like to curl up in to read a book. Or it is the desk with piles of books and paper that you can hide behind to get alone to get the creative energy flowing. Whatever it is to you, it is a place to relax, unwind, enjoy and have all the needed tools and comforts at your finger tips so the ease of learning is enhanced. Well, that is what iGoogle offers to us in a online personal learning environment tailored to your needs and comfort wants (I love looking at the chinese paper cuts). To the left is the Home tab of my iGoogle and it has what I need to have at my finger tips for work but also connections to friends and what is happening that I find interesting.






The FSO tab has what I need to connect quickly to the links and tools to do the work of learning.








The AR/CBL tab is for organizing my research and keeping me on task.







Finally, the ETC tab helps to stay focused on the essentials of the fast paced month of learning that comes along with every Full Sail University course. While modeling the very technologies that are taught in the course, the Emergent Technologies in a Collaborative Culture class uses iGoogle to challenge it's students to think of new ways to organize and work in new and creative ways. I'm ready to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment