Sunday, August 1, 2010

BP14_Flash project expands to Dreamweaver



In trying to get a better understanding of how to utilize Flash in the building of my interactive interface of delivering my instructional content to my students so that they have control over the delivery I started to get deeper into the training of Flash by taking the Essential Training. While I was into it just a bit I came across the slide you see to the right and I started to wonder if I need to rethink how I was planning to use Flash. My new understanding is that I should be using Flash to create my instructional content but I should look to Dreamweaver to handle the delivery of that content.

So I looked into how that would happen in Dreamweaver and found that a lot of the controls and management features I was thinking of scripting in Flash are actually built into the Dreamweaver features. This is great because I now can focus on the more basic approach to developing instructional Flash content and then placing that into a website and have versatility in delivering that content. Dreamweaver and Flash were designed with that in mind. Flash is more for content creation and Dreamweaver is more for content delivery. So now I am training myself to learn Dreamweaver once again.

I first learned it about ten years ago when I created my first school website. It was easy to use and it was basic Web 1.0 design. Now as I started to investigate what it can do I am amazed at how much there is to learn. Since the advent of Web 2.0 tools, website design has taken on a whole new dimension in order to incorporate those tools into websites. So my work is cut out for me to create the content in Flash and deliver it through publishing it to HTML using Dreamweaver. This will make it possible to deliver through the web or self contain it on CDs.

I will continue to investigate this but I think it is safe to say that I can start creating content using Flash. Looking forward to the 6th month of FSO when do this. I have to get ready for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment