Sunday, August 28, 2011

Week 4 Blog Comment #1 - Sabrina Vega



Sabrina Vega's post

Have you had the pleasure of lifting a teammate, student, stranger up enabling them to realize their dreams and exceed anything that you could have imagined?

“Sometimes the road we take in the Universe of Possibility leads us in unexpected directions and to unimagined destinations.” A few years ago I had the pleasure of lifting my friend up and enabling him to realize his dream of becoming an educator. I was offered a position to teach at a school in South Korea. It turns out, through sharing experiences in my day to day, my friend realized parts of himself and his love for teaching during our conversations. A few months later, he landed a job with my same company and he is still teaching in Korea to this day. It’s really great catching up and hearing how fulfilling the experience has been for him and his growth as a teacher. Sometimes it is hard to see what others see in you. It’s a great feeling to have people around you who support you and offer a sense of accountability to be a better version of yourself and realized your talents. I am glad I could be there for him as he had been there for me over the years.



My response

This has always been the draw to education and it is the sustaining power of staying in education. To help colleagues or students to reach their full potential by giving them a hand up. It is where all the possibilities lie. All of the inspiring stories in this book have been about people and how they have broken through and grown. It is best to be accountable to that kind of change in your life.

No comments:

Post a Comment