Sunday, August 28, 2011

Week 4 Reading – Art of Possibility Chap 9-12


The two concepts of chapters 9 and 10 really intrigue me as to how they could be utilized in my classroom. They seem to me to come from opposite ends of the spectrum but are trying to achieve the same goal. The approach of enrollment instead of persuasion seems to be a more effective approach because it invites the student into the process of education where they walk in freely. Of course when this doesn’t happen then the practice of being the board where all the rules are changed for the purpose letting things happen by taking a new approach. I am not sure how this will happen but having these two approaches available in creating the educational environment for my students will create new possibilities. Much more thought will have to go into the implementation of the practices.

No comments:

Post a Comment